The Last Goodbye
The Last Goodbye
If the day comes when I grow weak,And pain keeps me from the peace I seek,
Promise me you’ll do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
I know your heart will break, your tears will fall,
But don’t let grief hold you back at all.
For today, more than any day before,
Your love for me must open the door.
We’ve shared so many joyful years—
Laughter, love, and wiped-away tears.
What lies ahead holds no fear for me,
But I cannot bear to suffer endlessly.
The time has come; please let me go.
Take me where my pain won’t grow.
Stay by my side until the end,
Hold me close, my dearest friend.
Speak to me with a gentle voice,
Until my eyes close, and I rejoice.
In time, you’ll see with clarity,
The kindness you showed in setting me free.
Though my tail has waved its last,
And my time on earth has passed,
Know that I am free from pain,
And in your heart, I’ll remain.
Don’t hold back your tears, my dear,
For our bond is one I’ll always hold near.
We’ve been so close, you and I—
Now let me go, but don’t say goodbye.
Reacties
Een reactie posten