Dear Human

 Dear Human,

Though I can no longer curl up beside you or feel the warmth of your hand on my fur, please know that I am never truly gone. I am here, in the quiet spaces between your breaths, in the soft shadows that linger when the sun sets. I watch over you, my heart still tethered to yours, even from this place where the air is lighter and the pain has faded.

I see you, every day. I see the way you pause, as if waiting for me to trot into the room, the way your eyes search for me in the corners where I used to rest. I wish I could nudge your hand one more time, to let you know it’s okay. But instead, I send you whispers—a rustle of leaves, a flicker of light, a fleeting warmth on your cheek. That’s me, telling you I’m still here.

I carry the memories of us like treasures—the way your laughter filled the room when I did something silly, the way your tears fell into my fur on the days you needed me most. Those moments are etched into my soul, and they keep me smiling even now. But when I see your sadness, it weighs on me. I never wanted to leave you. I wanted to stay forever, to be your shadow, your comfort, your joy.

Please, don’t let your heart break for too long. I am free now, running through fields that never end, chasing stars instead of squirrels. But my love for you hasn’t faded—it never will. It’s woven into the fabric of who I am, and it stretches across the distance between us.

One day, I’ll be waiting for you at the edge of this endless meadow, my tail wagging, my heart bursting. Until then, feel me in the quiet moments, in the gentle reminders that love doesn’t end just because I’m no longer by your side.

Take care of yourself, my dearest friend. I am always here, watching over you, loving you, and waiting for the day we’ll meet again.

With all my heart,
Your faithful companion

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster