To my sweet ones who have gone ahead

 To my sweet ones who have gone ahead — thank you. Thank you for every joyful greeting, every soft curl beside me, every quiet moment where your eyes said everything words never could. The love you gave was so steady and so pure that even now, I feel it resting gently in my chest. You showed me how to find happiness in simple things, how to feel safe in hard times, and what it truly means to be loved without condition.

Though I can no longer reach for you, I carry you with me in every quiet moment of every day. I imagine you somewhere beautiful — where the sun stays warm, the ground is soft under your paws, and every path leads to something wonderful. I hope you felt, and still feel, how deeply you are loved. There is no real goodbye between us — only a space in time before we find each other again. Until that day, run free, my dear ones. You will always be the warmest, most treasured part of who I am. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster