I never realized
I never realized how much one small presence could anchor a life—until it was gone.
Your absence changed everything.The house still stands, the sun still rises, the world keeps moving.
But the rhythm is different now.
Rooms feel larger.
Silence feels heavier.
Even the air seems to remember you and sighs in your place.
I notice the little things first.
The empty space where you used to curl up.
The faint echo of paws that will never cross the floor again.
The toys you loved, untouched, quietly waiting.
And then the big things hit.
Dinner feels incomplete without the excited shuffle toward my side.
Walks feel quieter, shorter, less bright.
Even laughter carries a shadow of missing you.
Somehow, your absence reshaped everything I once took for granted.
But in the shifting, in the spaces you left behind, I’ve found pieces of you.
The memories live like light spilling through cracks in the wall.
The lessons you taught me—love, patience, joy—still guide me.
The heart that once beat beside me still beats inside me, carrying traces of you.
And sometimes, when the sunset paints the sky in golden light, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running freely through endless meadows.
Tail wagging.
Eyes bright.
No pain.
No fear.
Only joy.
Even in your absence, you are still here.
In memory.
In love.
In the way my heart moves through the quiet and the world feels slightly less whole without you.
Your absence changed everything.
But so did your presence.
And I will carry that with me forever.
Reacties
Een reactie posten