You found me again
You found me again.
Not at the front door.Not in the backyard.
Not curled up in your favorite spot on the couch.
But somehow...
You found me again.
It happened on one of those days when the grief felt especially heavy.
The kind of day where your absence seemed to echo from every room.
Your bowl was gone.
Your bed was gone.
The toys had been packed away months ago.
And yet, the house still felt full of you.
I sat alone, holding an old photograph.
One of my favorites.
You were looking straight at the camera with those eyes that always seemed to understand more than words ever could.
And for a moment, I let myself miss you completely.
No distractions.
No pretending I was okay.
Just love and loss sitting together in silence.
Then something happened.
Not something dramatic.
Not a miracle anyone else would notice.
Just a feeling.
A warmth.
A sudden sense that I wasn't alone.
The room hadn't changed.
The world hadn't changed.
But my heart had.
It felt as though your presence had quietly stepped back into it.
As though you had found a way to reach me across the distance that separates Earth from Heaven.
I know some people would call it imagination.
Maybe they're right.
But grief teaches you to listen differently.
To notice things you once overlooked.
The feather that appears where there shouldn't be one.
The rainbow that arrives after a difficult day.
The dream that feels so real you wake up smiling instead of crying.
The familiar comfort that settles over you for no reason at all.
Little things.
Tiny things.
But when you've loved a dog with your whole heart, you learn that love often speaks in whispers.
And that day, I heard one.
Not with my ears.
With my soul.
It said:
"I'm still here."
Since then, I've felt you in unexpected places.
In the sunlight spilling across the floor where you used to nap.
In the breeze that brushes against my face during quiet walks.
In the stars that seem brighter on nights when I miss you most.
And every time it happens, I smile.
Because I realize something beautiful.
I haven't been searching for you all this time.
You've been finding me.
Again and again.
In memories.
In dreams.
In moments of peace.
In reminders that love doesn't disappear simply because we can no longer see it.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through fields glowing with golden light.
Healthy.
Joyful.
Free.
Yet still carrying the same faithful heart that followed me everywhere.
The same heart that refuses to let distance become goodbye.
And maybe that's why you keep finding me.
Because real love never loses its way.
It crosses every bridge.
It travels every distance.
It survives every goodbye.
And when the world feels lonely, it gently returns to remind us that we were never truly left behind.
So when I feel that warmth...
When I see that unexpected sign...
When a memory suddenly wraps around me like a hug...
I don't wonder anymore.
I simply smile.
Because I know.
Somehow.
Somewhere.
You found me again.
And I believe you always will.
Forever loved.
Forever near.
Forever finding your way back to my heart.
Reacties
Een reactie posten