The sky learned your name

 The sky learned your name.

I know that sounds impossible.
But ever since you left, I look up more than I ever used to.
Maybe it's because grief makes us search for the things we can no longer touch.
Maybe it's because when someone you love disappears from your sight, your heart starts looking for them everywhere else.
And somehow...
I keep finding you in the sky.
The first evening after you were gone, I stepped outside because the walls felt too heavy.
Your bed was empty.
Your bowl sat untouched.
The house was filled with a silence I didn't know how to survive.
I remember standing there, holding your collar against my chest, trying to understand how a world that still looked the same could feel so completely different.
Then I looked up.
The sunset was unlike anything I had seen before.
Golden light spilled across the clouds.
Soft shades of pink and blue stretched across the horizon.
And for a moment, it felt as though heaven had left a door slightly open.
I stood there longer than I meant to.
Watching.
Breathing.
Remembering.
Since then, it keeps happening.
On the days I miss you most, the sky seems to speak.
Not with words.
But with colors.
A rainbow appearing after hours of rain.
A single bright star shining before darkness fully settles.
Clouds glowing with golden light just when I need comfort the most.
Little reminders.
Little whispers.
Little pieces of hope.
Because losing you taught me something no one ever talks about.
Love doesn't stop when a heartbeat does.
It doesn't vanish when a leash hangs untouched by the door.
It doesn't disappear when the sound of paws no longer echoes through the hallway.
Real love changes shape.
That's all.
It becomes memories.
It becomes dreams.
It becomes the feeling that someone is still walking beside you even when you can't see them.
Sometimes I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless meadows where every flower blooms forever.
Chasing butterflies beneath skies brighter than any sunset on Earth.
Healthy.
Young.
Free.
Your tail wagging with the same joy that filled every room you entered.
And maybe, when heaven welcomes a soul as pure as yours, the sky remembers.
Maybe every sunset is painted with a little bit of your spirit.
Maybe every rainbow carries a trace of your happiness.
Maybe every shining star is another way for love to say, "I'm still here."
So now, whenever I miss you, I lift my eyes.
Not because it takes the pain away.
But because it reminds me that you are part of something beautiful now.
Part of the sunsets.
Part of the starlight.
Part of the endless horizon.
The sky learned your name the day you arrived there.
And ever since...
It has been saying it back to me in colors.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever written across the heavens. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster