I carry your love with me

 I carry your love with me.

Everywhere.
Even on the days when no one can see it.
People see me smile now.
They see me go to work.
They see me laugh at a joke, run errands, and move through life as if everything is normal.
But what they don't see is that I carry you with me in all those moments.
Like a quiet heartbeat beneath every day.
Like a warm light hidden inside my chest.
Like a pawprint pressed so deeply into my soul that time could never wash it away.
When you first left, I was terrified of forgetting.
Not the big things.
Those could never disappear.
I was afraid of forgetting the little things.
The way your ears bounced when you ran toward me.
The sound of your paws hurrying across the floor when I opened a bag of treats.
The way you would sigh contentedly before falling asleep beside me.
Those ordinary moments suddenly became priceless.
I held onto them so tightly.
Because they were all I had left.
Or so I thought.
But grief has taught me something beautiful.
I didn't lose those moments.
They became part of me.
The patience you taught me.
The loyalty you showed me.
The comfort you gave me on my hardest days.
The joy you found in the simplest things.
I carry all of it now.
I carry the lessons hidden inside your love.
Sometimes I notice it in unexpected ways.
When I stop to admire a sunset.
When I choose kindness instead of anger.
When I sit quietly and appreciate a peaceful moment.
Those things feel different now.
Because you taught me how precious they are.
The world slowed down when I loved you.
And even after you left, that gift remained.
There are still days when missing you feels impossible.
Days when I see another dog that walks like you.
Days when I find an old photo and suddenly can't hold back the tears.
Days when I would give anything to hear your collar jingle through the house one more time.
But even then, I remind myself of something.
Love doesn't end where life ends.
If it did, I wouldn't still feel you.
I wouldn't still hear echoes of your presence in my heart.
I wouldn't still smile when a favorite memory appears out of nowhere.
I wouldn't still feel comfort when I look up at the evening sky.
Because you're still here.
Not in the way I wish.
Not in the way my hands can reach.
But in every part of me your love touched.
And that is everywhere.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless meadows brushed with golden sunlight.
Your fur shining.
Your eyes bright with happiness.
Free from every ache.
Free from every limitation.
Yet somehow still connected to me.
Still woven into my story.
Still part of every step I take.
And maybe that's what love was always meant to do.
Not stay beside us forever.
But become part of who we are forever.
So when people ask how I've made it this far without you...
The answer is simple.
I haven't.
I've made it this far with you.
Because your love never left.
I carry it with me.
In every sunrise.
In every memory.
In every breath.
And I always will. šŸŒˆšŸ¾❤️
Forever loved.
Forever carried.
Forever part of me. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster