The house didn’t feel empty at first
The house didn’t feel empty at first.
It felt like it was holding its breath.Like every room was waiting for you to come back through the door.
The couch still remembered the shape of your body.
The floor still seemed to expect the sound of your paws.
The corner where your bed sat felt like it was saving a space that would never be filled again.
And then…
the house became still.
Not peaceful.
Not at first.
Still.
The kind of silence that makes you notice every little sound you used to ignore.
The clock on the wall.
The hum of the refrigerator.
The wind tapping gently against the window.
All the sounds that remained after the one sound I wanted most was gone.
Your footsteps.
I never realized how much life you brought into this place.
How much warmth could come from a small body sleeping nearby.
How a simple collar jingling could turn an ordinary moment into something I looked forward to.
You made this house a home.
Not because of where you slept.
Not because of the toys scattered across the floor.
But because your love filled every corner.
You were there in the mornings when the sun came through the curtains.
You were there in the evenings when the world finally slowed down.
You were there in all the little moments I thought were nothing special...
until they became everything.
For a while, I was afraid of the quiet.
I thought the silence meant you were gone.
But slowly...
I started to understand.
The house was not empty.
It was carrying you.
Your memory lived in the places where your paws had walked.
Your love stayed in the spaces where you had rested.
Your spirit remained in every little routine we created together.
Sometimes, when the afternoon light falls across the floor, I still feel a warmth I cannot explain.
Sometimes, when the breeze moves through the curtains, I imagine you checking in.
Just for a moment.
Just enough to remind me...
"I’m still here."
I like to believe that somewhere beyond the clouds, you have found a place where the world never grows cold.
A meadow where the grass is always soft.
Where your legs are strong again.
Where your heart is light.
Where the Rainbow Bridge shines above you like a promise.
And maybe you look back at our quiet little house.
Maybe you see me learning how to live with the love you left behind.
Maybe you know that the silence was never the end.
It was simply the place where I learned how loudly you were loved.
Because even when the house fell still...
My heart never stopped hearing you.
Your paws.
Your breath.
Your joy.
Your love.
All of it is still here.
Just in a different way.
Forever home.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Reacties
Een reactie posten