I wasn't looking for a sign

 I wasn't looking for a sign.

I wasn't searching for a reason to cry.

I was simply trying to get through another day without you.

Another morning without the sound of your paws.

Another evening without you beside me.

Another moment where my heart had to remember something my soul still struggles to accept…

you are not here the way you used to be.

And then…

the words found me.

Not when I was ready.

Not when I was expecting them.

They arrived quietly.

Through a song.

Through a memory.

Through a sentence I read at exactly the moment my heart needed it most.

And suddenly…

it felt like you were reaching across a distance I cannot cross yet.

I don't know how love does that.

How something invisible can still feel so close.

How a voice that has gone quiet can still speak.

How a pawprint left behind years ago can still guide a heart forward.

But you always had a way of finding me.

You found me when I was happy.

You found me when I was tired.

You found me when I was falling apart and didn't know how to say it.

Maybe this is just another way you remind me…

"I'm still with you."

I keep your memories carefully.

Not like something fragile that might break.

But like something precious that helped shape who I am.

I remember your sleepy eyes.

The warmth of your fur.

The little sounds you made when you were comfortable.

The way you could turn the most ordinary day into something worth remembering.

I wish I had one more conversation with you.

One more chance to say everything I didn't know I needed to say.

Thank you.

I'm sorry.

I love you.

But maybe you already knew.

Because you always knew.

Dogs understand the things our words cannot explain.

They understand the heart.

And I believe somewhere beyond the clouds…

where the meadows are endless and the Rainbow Bridge shines softly beneath the stars…

you still understand mine.

Maybe when I find the right words on the hardest days…

they are not just words.

Maybe they are little pieces of love you send back.

A reminder that what we shared was real.

A reminder that goodbye was never the end.

So I will keep listening.

To the songs.

To the memories.

To the quiet moments where love feels close again.

Because the words found me…

but somehow…

they always sounded like you.

Forever carrying you.

Forever loving you.

Until we meet again. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster