You always knew.

 You always knew.

Even when I tried to hide it.

Even when I smiled for everyone else.

Even when I whispered, “I’m okay”…

you knew I wasn’t.

You had this way of finding the parts of me that were hurting.

The moments when the world felt too heavy.

The nights when my thoughts were louder than my own voice.

You never needed me to explain.

You never asked me to be stronger.

You simply came closer.

A soft paw beside me.

Your head resting against my hand.

Your eyes quietly saying,

"You don't have to carry this alone."

I miss that more than I can put into words.

I miss the way you noticed every tear.

The way you stayed until my breathing slowed.

The way your presence could turn a painful moment into something I could survive.

You were never just watching over me.

You were caring for me.

In ways I didn't fully understand until you were gone.

There are still days when grief catches me by surprise.

A memory appears.

A familiar sound.

A place where you used to wait for me.

And suddenly…

there I am again.

Missing you.

Trying to hold back tears.

Wishing I could feel your warmth beside me one more time.

But then I remember something.

You never wanted me to be sad forever.

You spent your whole life teaching me how to find joy.

How to celebrate little things.

How to love without fear.

How to keep going even when something precious is missing.

So now, when I cry…

I imagine you finding me again.

Not because I am broken.

But because you still know my heart.

I imagine you running through a peaceful meadow beyond the clouds.

Your paws are strong.

Your eyes are bright.

Your tail is wagging like it always did when you saw me.

And when you look back at me…

I know you aren't saying goodbye.

You are saying,

"I'm still here. Keep going."

Maybe love like ours doesn't disappear.

Maybe it simply changes where it waits.

Maybe every tear is still a place where you meet me.

Maybe every quiet moment is another chance for you to remind me...

I was loved.

I am loved.

And I will always be loved.

Because you found me when I was crying.

And even now…

you still find me.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster