Letting you go
Letting you go on that cold clinic table is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. As I watched your chest rise and fall for the very last time, I held your paw in mine, wishing I could take away your suffering and keep you close just a little longer. Every passing second felt like a goodbye I wasn't ready to face.
You weren't just a pet, you were my heart, my home, my one constant in a world that never stops shifting. I whispered how deeply I loved you, how grateful I was for every moment we shared, and how sorry I was that this had to be the end. The quiet after you left is unbearable, filled with echoes of your joy, your devotion, your love.
You weren't just a pet, you were my heart, my home, my one constant in a world that never stops shifting. I whispered how deeply I loved you, how grateful I was for every moment we shared, and how sorry I was that this had to be the end. The quiet after you left is unbearable, filled with echoes of your joy, your devotion, your love.
I would give anything to hear your paws on the floor again, to feel your warmth pressed against me. Letting go wasn't really a choice, it was a final act of love. And though you're no longer here, your spirit lives on in every breath I take, every tear I shed, and every quiet moment spent missing you.
Reacties
Een reactie posten