Please, stay with me a little while longer
Please, stay with me a little while longer… I can tell you're exhausted, it shows in your eyes, I feel it in every shallow breath you take. But I'm not ready to say goodbye yet. You've been my closest friend, my peace in the quiet moments, my joy when I felt alone, my light when everything felt dark. I would give anything to switch places with you, to let you have more time chasing sunlight or napping in your favorite spot by the window.
You gave me everything and asked for nothing back, only love, endless love. And now, holding you close, my heart is breaking in ways I never imagined possible. If love alone could keep you here, you'd never have to leave. Thank you for staying by my side through every season of my life.I hope you felt as safe and treasured as you made me feel every single day. I'll hold you in my heart for as long as I live. Rest now, my sweet friend… it's okay to let go. I'll find a way through this, but I'll miss you with every breath I take.
Reacties
Een reactie posten