You came back as peace
You came back as peace.
Not the kind I can hold.Not the kind I can see.
But the kind I feel in the quiet moments when my heart stops hurting quite so sharply.
I used to think if I couldn’t hear your paws… you were gone.
If I couldn’t feel your weight beside me… you had disappeared.
If I couldn’t call your name and see your head turn toward me… then there was nothing left.
But that’s not what happened.
You didn’t leave me with nothing.
You left me with something softer.
Something quieter.
Something that doesn’t ask me to understand it… only to feel it.
Now, peace finds me in the most unexpected places.
In the morning light that rests gently where you used to sleep.
In the wind that moves through the trees like a slow breath I almost recognize.
In the stillness of the house that no longer feels as sharp as it once did.
There was a time when silence felt like loss.
Now it feels like you… resting in a way that finally has no pain in it.
I still talk to you sometimes.
Not because I expect an answer.
But because my heart remembers how to reach you that way.
And in those moments…
Something inside me softens.
Like you’re listening without needing words.
Like you’re already everywhere I look, just not in the form I used to know.
I don’t know where you went exactly.
But I know what you became.
You became the calm after the storm inside me.
You became the breath I take when memories feel too heavy.
You became the reason I can sit with grief without drowning in it.
Maybe that’s what love does when it doesn’t leave.
It changes shape.
It becomes something that can live inside us without breaking us.
I still miss you in ways I don’t have language for.
But I don’t only miss you anymore.
I feel you.
In the quiet that doesn’t hurt the way it used to.
In the gentle moments that arrive without warning.
In the peace that stays even after the tears pass.
And maybe…
Just maybe…
That’s you.
Not gone.
Not far.
Just returned in a different form.
You came back as peace.
And I will spend the rest of my life learning how to live gently inside it.
Reacties
Een reactie posten