You took a piece of me with you

 You took a piece of me with you — and left so much of yourself behind. Your collar still sits where you left it. Your favorite spot still holds the shape of you. Every corner of this home still whispers your name.

The stillness is what gets me most. No paws on the floor, no warmth beside me, no eyes watching my every move with that quiet, steady love. I find myself listening for you in rooms you no longer fill.

You may not be here anymore, but you never really left either. You're in the way I pause at your bowl, the way I still reach down out of habit, the way my heart squeezes when something small and ordinary suddenly reminds me of you. I miss you more than words ever get quite right — and I will, in every room, every moment, every quiet beat of my heart. ❤️🐾

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster