I kept you warm

 I kept you warm. I kept you safe. I stayed close every time the world felt too loud for you.

But the one thing that was always coming — the one thing no amount of love could slow down or stop — was time. And that's the part that breaks me. 💔

I would have given anything to hold it back. To buy us just one more morning, one more walk, one more quiet evening side by side. But time doesn't negotiate. It just moves. And it took you with it.

What we had was real, and it was full, and it was beautiful. And I'll carry that — and you — for as long as I have left. 🐾

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster