You left this world
You left this world…
but somehow, you never stopped coming with me.I carry you everywhere now.
Not in my arms the way I used to after your legs got tired.
Not on the passenger seat where your fur still somehow appears even after all this time.
I carry you differently.
In habits.
In memories.
In the quiet ache that follows me into ordinary moments.
I carry you into grocery stores when I almost reach for your favorite treats before remembering.
Into morning walks that feel too still without the sound of your paws beside mine.
Into rainy nights when I swear I can still hear your soft breathing near the bed.
People think grief lives only in sadness.
But sometimes grief looks like love refusing to let go of the life it built around someone.
Your leash is gone from my hand…
yet somehow you still walk beside me.
I see you in every golden sunset stretching across the sky.
In every dog that runs joyfully through a park.
In every quiet moment when the world slows down enough for my heart to hear yours again.
And some days the missing hurts so much I have to stop whatever I’m doing just to breathe through it.
Because losing you did not feel like losing a pet.
It felt like losing the one soul who knew every version of me and stayed anyway.
You saw me through heartbreak.
Loneliness.
Fear.
The kind of days I never told anyone else about.
And through all of it…
you loved me simply.
Completely.
That kind of love does not disappear when a heartbeat stops.
It becomes part of who we are.
So yes, I carry you everywhere now.
In the softness I give others because you taught me gentleness.
In the patience I learned from caring for you.
In the tenderness that still lives inside my voice whenever I say your name out loud.
And maybe somewhere beyond the clouds, beneath the glowing Rainbow Bridge .
you still carry pieces of me too.
Maybe that’s why some nights I dream of you so clearly it feels real.
Like your soul curled beside mine for a little while just to remind me:
“We’re still together.
Just differently.”
Forever carried.
Forever loved.
Reacties
Een reactie posten