Love didn’t let me fall apart
Love didn’t let me fall apart.
I thought it would.The day I whispered goodbye and felt your paw slip from beneath my hand…
I was sure there was no version of me that could survive a world without you in it.
The house felt unfamiliar.
Every room echoed with a silence I had never noticed before.
Your bed sat untouched.
Your bowl looked too clean.
Your leash still waited by the door, as if it believed we'd be going for another walk before sunset.
I looked at all of it…
And I wondered how a heart was supposed to keep beating after losing one of its own.
There were mornings I didn't want to get out of bed.
Not because I was tired…
But because waking up meant remembering all over again.
For a few sleepy seconds, everything felt normal.
Then the truth would quietly return.
You weren't waiting for breakfast.
You weren't watching the window for me.
You weren't following me from room to room like my smallest shadow.
Those first days felt impossible.
I cried while folding your blanket.
I cried when I found one of your hairs on my sweater weeks later.
I cried because I heard another dog's collar jingle in the park and my heart turned before my eyes did.
I thought those tears meant I was falling apart.
But I see them differently now.
They were love refusing to disappear.
They were proof that something beautiful had lived here.
Little by little…
Love began gathering the broken pieces of me.
It reminded me of the thousands of ordinary moments we shared.
The sleepy mornings.
The muddy paws after rainy walks.
The way you leaned against my leg when the world felt too heavy.
The way your eyes always found mine, as if to say,
"Whatever happens… we're together."
And somehow…
We still are.
Not in the way I ache for.
But in the way that matters most.
You are stitched into my kindness.
You are hidden inside every gentle choice I make.
You are the reason I stop to smile at old dogs with gray faces.
The reason I kneel to greet frightened puppies.
The reason my heart became softer after knowing yours.
I believe that beyond the Rainbow Bridge, you are running with the same joy you carried into my life.
Strong again.
Free again.
Watching with those faithful eyes that never stopped loving me.
And maybe, every time I choose compassion instead of fear…
Every time I keep loving despite the pain of losing…
You wag your tail just a little faster.
Because that's what you always wanted for me.
Not a life without tears.
A life where love was always bigger than them.
So no…
Love didn't let me fall apart.
It quietly became the hands that held me together.
And every piece it saved…
Still carries your name.
Reacties
Een reactie posten