Even when you think I’m gone, I’m not

 Even when you think I’m gone, I’m not.

I’m still right beside you.
I see the moments when your heart hesitates, when you glance toward the places I used to be.
I feel the quiet longing behind your sighs and the gentle ache in your chest.
You don’t notice me, but I’m there.
Not in the way I once could be, with paws at your feet or a warm head resting on your lap.
But in ways that matter more than sight.
I’m in the memories that arrive unannounced.
The smell of the breeze that reminds you of my fur.
The soft sunlight on the floor where I used to nap.
The gentle sound of laughter that echoes the happiness we shared.
Even in dreams, I find you.
I run to meet you with excitement, wagging like I always did.
We play, we cuddle, we live in moments that feel impossibly real.
And when you wake, a part of me remains.
Because love doesn’t vanish when eyes close for the last time.
It doesn’t disappear when bodies part.
It stays.
It follows.
It whispers in the quiet moments that you are never truly alone.
So whenever you feel a pause, a missing piece, a gentle tug in your heart…
That is me.
Still watching.
Still loving.
Still right beside you.
Forever loved.
Forever near.
Forever in every heartbeat that remembers.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster