I still find you in the still moments
I still find you in the still moments,
in the warmth of early morning gold,your soft eyes like a quiet comfort,
that made this world feel whole.
The corner where you rested sits silent now,
but I still sense your gentle breath,
your little footsteps through the hallway,
the love that never learned to leave.
The months move on, and yet you stay,
woven gently through my every day,
through laughter, through the heavy hours,
you held my weary heart in place.
I'd trade the stars, I'd trade the seasons,
for one more moment close to you,
to feel your warmth against my hands again,
to see the love that filled your eyes.
But now you run where skies stretch endlessly,
through open fields without a trace of pain,
and though my steps no longer match yours,
I know you're never far away.
For what we shared was never fragile,
it doesn't fade or come undone,
and every quiet beat within me
still carries you —
forever in my heart.
Reacties
Een reactie posten