I left… wrapped in you
I left… wrapped in you.
Not in my body.But in everything you became inside me.
I didn’t realize it at first.
How deeply a soul like yours can stay behind…
even when your paws no longer touch the floor beside me.
Even when your bed grows still.
Even when the house forgets the sound of you.
I thought leaving meant absence.
But I understand now…
you didn’t leave with me.
You stayed in me.
In the quiet way I still pause before opening the door…
just in case you would have been waiting there.
In the softness my hands learned from holding you gently on your hardest days.
In the patience I never had before you taught me how to slow down and simply be.
You wrapped yourself around my days without ever asking permission.
And when you were gone from sight…
I realized you had already become part of how I breathe.
There are moments grief tries to convince me that love ends where presence ends.
But then I feel you again.
Not as a memory that fades…
but as something woven into everything I do.
Like warmth I can’t explain.
Like a presence that doesn’t need a shape anymore.
I still talk to you sometimes.
Not because I believe you are far.
But because silence feels less empty when I imagine you listening.
And in those moments…
I don’t feel alone.
I feel accompanied by something that no longer needs to be seen to be real.
Maybe that’s what you became.
Not someone I lost…
but someone I carry.
Wrapped into the fabric of my everyday life.
Into the way I look at kindness differently now.
Into the way I notice small, quiet things I used to overlook.
Into the way love itself feels softer than it used to.
I used to think goodbye was the end of something.
But you taught me otherwise.
You taught me that some bonds don’t end.
They simply change where they live.
And now…
you live here.
In the spaces between my thoughts.
In the pauses between my breaths.
In the gentle part of me that still knows how to love without asking for anything in return.
And maybe one day…
when I reach the end of my own path…
I won’t feel like I’m arriving somewhere new.
Maybe I’ll feel like I’m finally returning.
To the love I never actually left behind.
To you.
Because I left…
but I left wrapped in you.
Reacties
Een reactie posten