Some of the most important conversations we ever had were never spoken

 Some of the most important conversations we ever had were never spoken.

You never wrote me a letter.
You never sent me a message.
You never needed words at all.
Because love spoke without ink.
It lived in the way your tail started wagging before I even reached the door.
It lived in the way you followed me from room to room, never asking for anything except to be near me.
It lived in those quiet moments when your head rested on my lap, and somehow every worry I carried felt a little lighter.
Looking back, I realize you spent your entire life writing love across my heart.
Not with a pen.
Not with a voice.
But with presence.
With loyalty.
With countless little moments that seemed ordinary at the time.
I wish I had known how precious they would become.
I wish I had paused a little longer during our walks.
I wish I had taken one more picture.
I wish I had memorized the sound of your breathing when you slept peacefully beside me.
But grief always arrives carrying wishes.
And love always leaves behind memories.
Sometimes I find myself sitting quietly, holding your collar in my hands.
Running my fingers over the worn edges.
Remembering how many adventures it witnessed.
How many happy days it carried.
How many times it jingled through the house like a tiny song that made everything feel safe.
Now the collar is silent.
The leash hangs untouched.
The water bowl is gone.
Yet somehow your message remains.
It appears in unexpected places.
A patch of sunlight warming the floor.
A toy discovered behind a piece of furniture.
A dream so vivid that for a few beautiful seconds, it feels like you never left.
Those moments remind me that real love doesn't disappear.
It changes shape.
It becomes memory.
It becomes gratitude.
It becomes the invisible thread connecting two hearts even after one of them has crossed beyond sight.
And sometimes, when the evening sky glows with soft gold and the first stars begin to appear, I imagine you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through fields that never end.
Your fur shining in heavenly light.
Your eyes bright with the same love you carried here.
Waiting patiently.
Watching faithfully.
Still sending messages without words.
Still telling me that you are okay.
Still reminding me that love is stronger than goodbye.
Because the greatest letter you ever gave me was your life itself.
Every wag.
Every cuddle.
Every walk.
Every year.
Every moment.
Written not on paper...
But forever across my soul.
And that is a message time will never erase. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster