Some mornings begin like every other
Some mornings begin like every other.
The coffee brews. The sun rises. The house slowly wakes up around me. Nothing feels unusual. Nothing feels different. And then, without warning, love circles back and finds me all over again.It can happen in the smallest ways.
A photograph tucked between old papers. A familiar sound that reminds me of your collar. A patch of sunlight on the floor where you used to stretch out and nap. Suddenly, a memory appears so clearly that it feels less like remembering and more like visiting.
For a moment, you're here.
Not physically. Not in the way I wish you were. But in the way that matters just as much. The way your love still lives inside the ordinary moments of my life. The way your memory quietly walks beside me when I least expect it.
I used to think grief moved in one direction.
I thought every day would carry me farther away from you. I thought the distance would continue growing until the memories eventually faded into the background. But that's not what happened at all.
Love has its own path.
It doesn't move away. It circles back. It returns through familiar feelings, cherished memories, and unexpected moments of comfort. Just when I think the day will be ordinary, something reminds me of you, and suddenly my heart is full again.
Sometimes it's a memory that makes me laugh.
I remember the way you raced through the house when you were excited. The way you stared at me when you wanted a treat. The way you somehow made every routine feel like an adventure. Those moments still carry warmth after all this time.
Sometimes the memory brings tears.
Not because the love has become painful, but because it was so beautiful. Because having you was one of the greatest gifts my life has ever known. Because some bonds are simply too meaningful to remember without feeling something deep inside your soul.
And yet, even the tears feel different now.
They carry gratitude with them. Gratitude for every walk, every cuddle, every quiet evening spent together. Gratitude for the years you filled with joy. Gratitude for a love that continues finding its way back to me long after goodbye.
I like to imagine that beyond the Rainbow Bridge, you still remember me too.
I imagine you carrying our memories through endless meadows beneath golden skies. I imagine your spirit recognizing mine the same way my heart still recognizes you. A connection unchanged by time, distance, or anything else.
Maybe that's why love circles back.
Because real love never truly leaves. It waits patiently inside the memories, ready to return whenever we need it most. It finds us in ordinary moments and reminds us that what we shared was real, lasting, and beautiful.
So today, love found its way back to me again.
Through a memory.
Through a feeling.
Through a heart that still belongs to you.
And for a little while, the distance between us felt smaller than ever.
Reacties
Een reactie posten