The day I lost you
The day I lost you, I learned something I wish the world understood.
Strength isn't always found in carrying on.Sometimes...
Strength is found in being gentle.
Gentle with the heart that still expects to hear paws padding down the hallway.
Gentle with the hands that still reach for a leash that no longer hangs by the door.
Gentle with the tears that appear in the grocery store because someone walked by with a dog who looked a little like you.
Grief doesn't ask permission.
It simply arrives.
Some mornings, it sits quietly beside your empty bowl.
Some nights, it curls up next to your favorite blanket that still carries the faintest memory of your scent.
And all we can do...
Is make room for it.
I used to think healing meant letting go.
Now I know it means holding on differently.
It means smiling when I remember the muddy pawprints you tracked across the kitchen floor.
Laughing through tears when I find one of your toys hidden beneath the couch.
Whispering your name when the evening sky glows with colors too beautiful not to believe you're somewhere beyond them.
If someone you love is grieving a dog...
Don't rush them.
Don't tell them it's time.
Don't measure their healing by how often they cry.
Instead...
Sit beside them.
Listen.
Speak their dog's name.
Ask to see the photos they've looked at a hundred times.
Let them tell the same stories again and again.
Every memory spoken out loud is another heartbeat keeping love alive.
Because the truth is...
The deepest wounds are often the quietest ones.
The world may only see an empty leash.
But the heart remembers the soul who filled every ordinary day with extraordinary love.
And maybe that's what kindness really is.
Not fixing someone's broken heart.
Just helping them carry it for a little while.
I like to imagine that beyond the Rainbow Bridge, our faithful companions are free from pain.
Running through endless green meadows beneath a sky filled with golden light.
Looking back at us with peaceful eyes that say...
"Take care of yourself the way you always took care of me."
So today...
Be gentle where it counts.
With others.
With yourself.
With the part of your heart that still belongs to the one who left pawprints on your soul.
Love that true never asks us to stop missing them.
It simply teaches us to keep loving...
Until the day we meet again.
Reacties
Een reactie posten