I saw the way you held me near the end
I saw the way you held me near the end.
Your hands shook,your eyes begged for one more miracle.
But I wish you could see what I see now —
that your love was the miracle.
You think you should’ve done more,
but I already had everything.
Every belly rub,
every whispered “good boy,”
every walk where you let me stop just to smell the world.
I didn’t measure life in years.
I measured it in love.
And you gave me forever.
I felt it in the way you stayed beside me,
even when it hurt you to watch me fade.
That’s not failure.
That’s devotion — pure and holy.
When I closed my eyes for the last time,
I wasn’t afraid.
Because love was all around me.
Your heartbeat.
Your tears.
Your soul touching mine one last time.
So please stop asking if you did enough.
You did more than enough.
You gave me a world full of warmth,
and I carried it with me across the Bridge.
If love could’ve kept me here,
I’d still be by your side.
But it did something even greater —
It followed me home.
Reacties
Een reactie posten