I can still hear it—her final breath
I can still hear it—her final breath.
It followed me everywhere. Into the shower. Into restless dreams. Into every quiet pause when the world slowed down enough to remind me she was gone.For the longest time, I thought it was my fault. That maybe I failed her. That maybe if I had done something—anything—different, she’d still be here. The guilt sat heavy, replaying that moment like a broken record.
But slowly, I realized something. That sound wasn’t pain. It wasn’t fear. It wasn’t me failing.
It was release. It was her saying, “I’m tired now. You’ve done enough. I can finally rest.”
The moment I allowed myself to see it that way, the echo softened. The haunting became a whisper. And that whisper wasn’t loss anymore—it was love.
If you are haunted by those last moments too, I want you to hear this:
The pain you carry is not proof that you let them down. It’s proof of how much they mattered. It’s proof that your love was real, deep, and unshakable.
And love like that never dies—it only changes shape.
Reacties
Een reactie posten