I know, my love

 I know, my love. You never wanted to leave. You never wanted to let go, to be apart from me, from our home, from the life we shared.

I know you fought with everything you had—enduring pain I couldn’t always see—just to stay by my side a little longer. But you must have been so tired, your little body so weary… until, in the end, you had no choice but to let go.

My darling, I love you more than words could ever say. The world feels so quiet now, and nowhere feels as warm as it did when you were here. You’re still with me, aren’t you? Watching over me, your spirit as bright as ever… But my heart is selfish—I just want you back, even if only for a moment. One more cuddle, one more wag (or purr), one more chance to whisper, "I love you."

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster