Waiting At The Rainbow Bridge!
Waiting At The Rainbow Bridge!
Some people imagine goodbye as an ending...But I don't.
Not when it comes to you.
Because whenever my heart misses you the most...
I picture a place beyond the clouds.
A place where the grass is always soft.
Where the sun is always warm.
Where no dog grows old...
and no one ever hurts again.
And there you are.
Waiting.
Not waiting with sadness.
Not waiting alone.
Just waiting the way you used to wait for me at the front door.
Patient.
Faithful.
Certain that one day...
I'd come home.
I imagine you lifting your head when you hear my name.
Those familiar ears perking up.
That tail beginning to wag.
That look in your eyes that always said,
"There you are. I've been looking for you."
Maybe that's what the Rainbow Bridge really is.
Not just a place.
But a promise.
A promise that love doesn't lose its way.
A promise that the bonds built through years of loyalty, muddy paws, late-night cuddles, and unconditional devotion don't simply disappear.
They continue.
Across time.
Across distance.
Across heaven itself.
So when the grief feels heavy...
I hold onto that picture.
You running through endless meadows.
Chasing butterflies.
Resting beneath skies painted with colors brighter than any rainbow I've ever seen.
Healthy.
Happy.
Free.
And every now and then...
I like to think you stop playing for a moment.
You look toward the horizon.
Toward the place where I still am.
And you wait.
Not because you're lonely.
But because you know something I sometimes forget.
That love always finds its way home.
And when my journey here is finished...
I won't have to search for you.
I won't have to call your name.
I won't have to wonder where you are.
Because you'll already be there...
standing at the Rainbow Bridge...
tail wagging so hard your whole body shakes...
waiting to walk beside me again.
Just like you always did.
Reacties
Een reactie posten