I hope there is a place

 I hope there is a place...

Where your legs never grow tired.
A place where every step feels light.
Where every run feels like freedom.
Sometimes I think about your last days.
The way you moved a little slower.
The way you looked at me with those brave eyes, even when your body was struggling to keep up.
I remember wishing I could take your pain and carry it myself.
I remember whispering that it was okay to rest.
And when you finally left, one of the hardest thoughts to bear was imagining a world without your joyful sprint across the yard.
Without the sound of paws racing toward me.
Without the happiness that seemed to burst from you every time you ran.
But then I picture something else.
I picture you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Not old.
Not hurting.
Not tired.
I see you in a meadow brushed with golden light, stretching farther than the eye can see.
The grass bends beneath your paws.
Wildflowers sway in the breeze.
The sky glows with colors that don't exist here.
And there you are.
Running.
Not because you're chasing anything.
Not because you're trying to get somewhere.
Just because it feels wonderful.
Just because joy has found its way back into every part of you.
I imagine your ears lifting in the wind.
Your tail dancing behind you.
Your heart as light as the clouds above.
And as you run, it almost looks like you're flying.
Like the earth itself can't quite hold all that happiness.
Maybe that's what heaven is for dogs.
A place where aching joints are replaced with strength.
Where weary bodies become young again.
Where every race through the grass feels like pure freedom.
And maybe, every now and then, you stop at the top of a sunlit hill.
You look toward the world you left behind.
Toward the people who still miss you.
Toward the hearts still learning how to live with your absence.
And you send a little piece of your peace back to us.
A dream.
A sign.
A feeling we can't explain.
Just enough to remind us that you're okay.
More than okay.
You're alive in a way we can't yet understand.
Running through endless fields.
Chasing sunlight.
Playing beneath eternal skies.
Where every leap feels weightless.
Where every breath feels easy.
Where every run feels like flying.
And one day, when I see you again, I know exactly what you'll do.
You'll come racing toward me with all the joy you've been saving.
And this time...
We'll run together. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster