The spot beside me is empty
The spot beside me is empty...
And somehow, it still feels full.There are no paws clicking across the floor anymore.
No happy sigh as you settle into your favorite place.
No gentle nudge against my hand asking for one more scratch behind the ears.
The house is quieter now.
But love has a strange way of refusing to leave.
Sometimes I sit in the chair where you used to curl up beside me.
The silence stretches across the room, soft and heavy.
Yet there are moments when I could swear I still feel your warmth.
Not enough to see.
Not enough to touch.
Just enough to remind me.
A memory arrives without warning.
The feel of your fur beneath my fingers.
The weight of your head resting on my lap after a long day.
The comfort of knowing that no matter what happened in the world, I would come home to you.
Those memories don't make a sound.
They don't bark.
They don't wag their tails.
Yet somehow, they wrap around my heart like a familiar blanket.
And on the hardest nights, when grief sits beside me and whispers all the things I've lost, love whispers something else.
It tells me that warmth doesn't disappear when a body is gone.
It changes.
It becomes part of the air around us.
Part of the sunlight that finds us through the window.
Part of the dreams that bring us together while the world sleeps.
I like to imagine you resting peacefully beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Your paws running through fields of gold.
Your eyes bright.
Your spirit free from pain.
And maybe, every now and then, you send a little piece of that warmth back to me.
A gentle reminder.
A quiet hello.
A soft touch from a place my eyes cannot see.
So yes...
The room is silent.
Your bed is still.
Your collar no longer jingles.
But love remains.
Warm as ever.
And every beat of my heart still carries your name.
Until the day we find each other again beneath the same eternal sky, I will keep that warmth close.
Because you may be beyond my reach...
But you will never be beyond my love.
Reacties
Een reactie posten