I hold this photo gently
I hold this photo gently, fingers tracing the frame, A quiet moment between grief and gratitude. Your eyes still carry that same warmth, the way they did every time I walked through the door.
The sounds are gone now. The paws, the breathing, the presence. But somehow you still feel close — like a soft weight at my side that never fully left.People said you were just a pet, a season that passed. But they never knew how you steadied me. You were comfort on my worst days, calm when everything else was loud, familiar when the world felt strange.
You understood my silence. You stayed through my tears without needing to fix them. Just your warmth, your face, your quiet love — that was enough.
Now I look at this photo and feel the ache of missing you. Your nose in my hand. Your eyes finding mine. The small things I took for granted that now feel like everything.
But even now, in the stillness, you find me. In the quiet corners of familiar rooms, in the spaces where you used to be — I find you still.
So I'll hold this photo like I once held you. Because it carries the heart that knew mine. You may be somewhere my eyes can't reach, but in memory, in love, in all the quiet in-betweens — you never really left.
Reacties
Een reactie posten