The quiet took you
The quiet took you.
Not all at once.Not with noise.
Not with a warning.
Just quietly.
So quietly that sometimes my heart still struggles to believe it happened.
One day, your steps were slower.
Your eyes looked a little more tired.
The naps became longer.
The playful moments became fewer.
And somewhere between all those ordinary days, the quiet began to steal little pieces of you away.
I remember sitting beside you, hoping tomorrow would be better.
Hoping the spark I knew so well would come rushing back.
Hoping that somehow love alone could keep you here forever.
But life doesn't always listen to hope.
And neither does time.
The hardest part wasn't a dramatic goodbye.
It wasn't a single heartbreaking moment.
It was watching the silence grow.
Watching the spaces between your tail wags become longer.
Watching your favorite toy sit untouched.
Watching the dog who had filled every room with life slowly become tired.
And yet...
Even then, you tried.
You still looked for me.
You still wagged your tail when I walked into the room.
You still loved me with every ounce of strength you had left.
That's what breaks me the most.
You never stopped being my best friend.
Not for a single day.
After you left, the house became a different place.
The floors no longer echoed with your footsteps.
The water bowl stayed full.
The toys stayed where they were.
Even the air felt different.
As if the world itself noticed something precious was missing.
The quiet that once took you now lives here with me.
It sits beside me during dinner.
It follows me through empty rooms.
It waits for me at bedtime.
And some days, it feels heavier than words can explain.
But I've learned something about quiet.
If you listen carefully...
love still speaks through it.
I hear you in old memories.
In the gentle rustle of leaves outside my window.
In the unexpected warmth that fills my chest when I think of you.
In the dreams where you run toward me exactly as you used to.
Happy.
Healthy.
Whole.
I like to believe that beyond the Rainbow Bridge, there is no quiet that hurts.
Only peaceful meadows.
Endless sunshine.
Gentle breezes through soft fur.
And joyful paws running freely beneath skies painted with colors we can't yet imagine.
Maybe you're there now.
Chasing butterflies.
Resting in golden grass.
Watching over the people who still miss you every single day.
And maybe when I feel that sudden ache in my heart...
it's really your way of reminding me that love survives even the deepest silence.
The quiet may have taken your body.
But it never took your spirit.
It never took your love.
And it will never take the pawprints you left on my soul.
Because some souls become so much a part of us...
that even silence cannot erase them.
Reacties
Een reactie posten