There were people who came and went
There were people who came and went.
Seasons that changed.Chapters of my life that opened and closed before I was ready.
Some memories faded.
Some faces disappeared.
Some promises didn't last.
But you stayed through it all.
You were there for the victories nobody else celebrated.
The quiet achievements.
The small moments that never made headlines but meant everything to me.
Your tail wagged just as hard for those moments as it did for the big ones.
You never needed a reason to be proud of me.
You already were.
And when life became heavy...
When heartbreak arrived.
When plans fell apart.
When tears came in the middle of the night and I didn't know how to explain what was hurting...
You stayed then, too.
You didn't offer advice.
You didn't try to fix anything.
You simply laid beside me.
Close enough for me to feel your warmth.
Close enough for me to remember I wasn't completely alone.
Looking back, I realize how many storms we walked through together.
Days when I felt lost.
Days when I felt broken.
Days when I doubted myself.
You never cared about any of that.
To you, I was still the person worth following from room to room.
Still the person worth greeting with joy.
Still the person worthy of unconditional love.
And that kind of loyalty changes a heart forever.
Sometimes I think about all the versions of me you knew.
The happy version.
The struggling version.
The hopeful version.
The exhausted version.
The version that laughed until tears came.
And the version that cried when nobody else could see.
You knew them all.
And somehow, you loved every single one.
That is what makes missing you so hard.
Because I didn't just lose a dog.
I lost the one soul who stood beside me through every chapter without ever asking for anything except my presence.
Yet even now, after all this time, it feels like you are still keeping that promise.
I find you in memories.
In dreams.
In quiet moments when my heart suddenly feels less alone.
I find you in the lessons you left behind.
The reminders to love freely.
To forgive quickly.
To find joy in ordinary days.
As evening settles across the sky and the first stars begin to appear, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Resting in fields of golden grass.
Running beneath skies painted with colors more beautiful than anything here on Earth.
Watching over the people you loved.
Still loyal.
Still gentle.
Still waiting.
And maybe that's why I find comfort in the silence now.
Because a part of me knows that although your journey carried you beyond my sight...
Your love never left.
You stayed through every chapter of my life.
And somehow...
You are still staying.
Through every memory.
Through every tear.
Through every smile.
Through every beat of my heart.
Forever loved.
Forever missed.
Forever by my side.
Reacties
Een reactie posten