If my dog could write

 If my dog could write, this is what I think they’d say:

“Dear Mom,

I know you still look for me in all the quiet places—the couch, the door, the empty spot beside your bed. But please don’t think of me as gone. I’m closer than you imagine.

When you feel that sudden warmth in your chest, that’s me. When you catch yourself smiling at nothing, that’s me too. I’ve traded my paws for wings, but I still walk beside you every day.

I see how you light candles, how you whisper my name, how you still sleep holding my collar. I hear you, always.

And I want you to know—I never felt pain when I left. Only peace. Because my last sight was your face, and my last feeling was your love.

Don’t be sad for too long. You gave me everything. You were my home, my world, my forever.

So live with joy for me. Love others the way you loved me. And when your time comes, look for me. I’ll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge, tail wagging, ready to lead you home.

Until then, keep my love where it’s always belonged—in your heart.”

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster