There are so many things I wish I could tell you.
There are so many things I wish I could tell you.
Things I thought there would always be time to say.Things my heart still whispers into the quiet when nobody else is listening.
What I wish you knew most is this...
You were enough.
You always were.
You never had to do anything special to earn my love.
You didn't have to learn another trick.
You didn't have to be perfect.
You didn't have to stay by my side every second.
The simple truth is that your existence made my life better.
That was enough.
I wish you knew how many difficult days you carried me through without ever realizing it.
Days when I smiled because you needed me to get out of bed.
Days when your happy tail wag reminded me that there was still goodness in the world.
Days when your quiet presence beside me felt like the safest place I could possibly be.
You gave me comfort without trying.
You gave me hope without speaking.
You gave me love without conditions.
And I don't know if I ever thanked you enough for that.
I wish you knew that I don't remember the messes.
I don't remember the chewed-up toys.
I don't remember the muddy pawprints on the floor or the fur that somehow found its way onto everything I owned.
Those things seemed important once.
Now they feel like treasures.
Now I would give anything to clean up one more mess you made.
To hear one more bark.
To feel one more nudge of your nose against my hand.
I wish you knew how often I still talk about you.
Your name still comes up in conversations.
Your photos still make me stop and smile.
Your memory still lives in stories that I tell over and over because I never want the world to forget you were here.
And most of all...
I wish you knew that leaving wasn't the end of us.
For a while, I was afraid it might be.
I was afraid that time would slowly pull us apart.
But it hasn't.
The years keep moving forward, yet somehow my love keeps finding its way back to you.
It appears in unexpected moments.
A dream.
A familiar smell.
A patch of sunlight on the floor.
A feather drifting across my path.
A rainbow appearing when I need comfort the most.
Little reminders that love does not disappear simply because we can no longer see the one we love.
Sometimes, when the stars begin appearing one by one across the evening sky, I imagine you beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Resting peacefully in endless meadows.
Your eyes bright.
Your spirit free.
Your heart full.
And I hope that somehow you can feel what my heart still sends your way.
Every thank you.
Every memory.
Every ounce of love.
Because if there is one thing I wish you knew above all else, it is this:
You were never "just a dog."
You were family.
You were home.
You were one of the greatest blessings of my life.
And no matter how many years pass between now and the day we meet again...
You will always be loved.
Exactly as you were.
Exactly as you are.
Forever.
Reacties
Een reactie posten