Sense and Sensibility
When you realize your youthful mistakes are about to ruin your entire life...
Impressed by Dan Stevens’ absolute masterclass in pensive angst from the 2008 BBC Sense and Sensibility miniseries!Edward Ferrars spends about 90% of the story looking like he is carrying the weight of the entire world on his shoulders—mostly because he is keeping that massive secret about Lucy Steele while desperately falling for Elinor Dashwood.
If we could read his mind in this exact, worried moment, what is he thinking?
“Why did I promise to marry a woman whose laugh sounds like a squeaky wheel?”
“If I stare at this table hard enough, will my mother disappear?”
“Elinor is talking to me, and all I can do is bite my finger. Smooth, Edward. Real smooth.”
“I should have just run away and joined a pirate ship.”
Janeites, let's defend our quiet curate! Is Edward's brooding expression romantic and honorable, or do you just want to shake him and tell him to speak up? Let’s debate below!

Reacties
Een reactie posten