You reached me… mid-feeling

 You reached me… mid-feeling.

Right in the middle of something I didn’t know how to finish.
Not at the beginning, when everything still made sense.
Not at the end, when I had time to understand it.
But right there…
in the middle.
When love was still speaking, and I hadn’t yet learned how to listen properly.
I think about that now.
How you always seemed to find me exactly where I was.
Not where I pretended to be.
Not where I wished I was.
But where I actually was.
Tired.
Quiet.
Happy in small ways I didn’t know how to name.
Or hurting in ways I didn’t know how to explain.
And somehow… you didn’t need explanations.
You just came closer.
You just stayed.
You just reached me there.
Mid-feeling.
Before I had language for what I was going through.
Before I had clarity.
Before I even understood myself.
You understood the version of me that was still becoming.
There’s something I miss deeply about that.
Not just your presence…
but the way you met me without asking me to be anything else.
You didn’t wait for me to be okay.
You didn’t wait for me to be ready.
You didn’t wait for me to figure everything out.
You just arrived where I already was.
And that made everything feel less heavy.
Now, when I think of you, I realize something gentle and painful at the same time.
I am still there sometimes.
Mid-feeling.
Still learning how to carry what I didn’t fully understand back then.
Still pausing in moments where emotion arrives before language.
And in those moments, I still expect you.
Not as something I lost…
but as something that once knew exactly how to be with me without needing me to be different.
I imagine you now somewhere beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Not waiting for me to be complete.
Not asking me to be healed.
Just existing in that same kind of presence you always had.
The kind that meets things as they are.
Maybe that’s why I still feel you in the middle of everything.
Because you never belonged only to beginnings or endings.
You belonged to presence itself.
To the in-between.
To the moments I didn’t know what I was feeling, but you stayed anyway.
And maybe that’s what love really is.
Not finishing each other.
But reaching each other right in the middle of it all.
So I carry you there still.
In the unfinished parts of my days.
In the half-formed emotions.
In the quiet spaces where I don’t yet know what I’m becoming.
Because that’s where you always found me.
And somehow…
that’s where I still find you. 🌈🐾

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster