Not a single day goes by where I don't think of you

 Not a single day goes by where I don't think of you, where I don't long for the sound of your paws or the comfort of having you near. The house feels unbearably still now, like the silence shouts your absence in every corner. I miss those eyes that understood me without a single word, the way you'd curl up beside me on my hardest days, as though your heartbeat existed just to heal mine.

Losing you wasn't simply saying goodbye to a pet, it was losing a part of my soul, my everyday comfort, my closest friend. Sometimes I still find myself calling out your name, or reaching for you out of instinct when I need support, only to feel that sharp ache of remembering you're not here anymore.

This emptiness runs so deep it feels like it may never lift. But I carry your memory with me everywhere, and I hope somehow you can still feel my love wherever you are now. I miss you more than any words could ever capture. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster