My sweetest friend
My sweetest friend,
I don't know where this letter will find you.Maybe it will drift across a quiet meadow where the grass is always soft beneath your paws.
Maybe the wind will carry it over the Rainbow Bridge.
Or maybe...
It doesn't have to travel at all.
Maybe you've been living inside my heart this whole time.
There are so many things I still want to tell you.
Some days are easier now.
I laugh again.
I smile at little things.
I can even tell stories about you without every word breaking me apart.
I hope you'd be proud of that.
Not because I've stopped missing you...
But because your love is teaching me how to keep living.
I still remember the little things no one else would notice.
The way you'd stretch the moment you woke up.
The tiny sound you'd make when you finally found the perfect spot to curl up beside me.
The way you looked at me as if I had always been your favorite person in the whole world.
I've never forgotten.
I never will.
Sometimes I apologize to you.
For all the walks I rushed because I thought we had more time.
For every moment I looked at my phone instead of into your eyes.
For the days I didn't realize they were ordinary miracles until they became memories.
If I could live those moments again...
I would stay longer.
Throw the ball one more time.
Scratch behind your ears for another hour.
Watch one more sunset with you lying beside me.
But if you could answer me...
I don't think you'd want me to carry that regret.
You were never counting the things I didn't do.
You were busy loving me for everything I did.
You never needed perfection.
You only ever wanted me.
And somehow...
That makes my heart both ache and heal at the same time.
Thank you.
Thank you for greeting me like I was the best part of every day.
Thank you for making lonely days feel less lonely.
Thank you for sitting beside me during moments no one else ever knew were difficult.
You never asked what was wrong.
You just stayed.
Sometimes that was the greatest gift anyone has ever given me.
I wonder if you still think about me.
Then I smile.
Because dogs never forget the people they love.
So I believe you do.
I believe somewhere beyond these clouds, where the air is always gentle and the meadows never end, you're running with the joy you deserved all along.
Strong legs.
Bright eyes.
A happy heart.
And every now and then...
Maybe you stop.
Maybe you look toward Heaven's horizon.
Maybe you whisper my name the way I still whisper yours.
Until the day I see you again...
Keep running.
Keep chasing the breeze.
Keep resting in the warm sunshine.
I'll keep carrying you in every heartbeat, every quiet prayer, and every beautiful memory you've left behind.
This letter may never leave my hands...
But it has never stopped reaching you.
Because love doesn't need an address.
It already knows the way.
Forever yours.
Always.
Reacties
Een reactie posten