I know it sounds impossible
I know it sounds impossible…
But sometimes I feel like you still find little ways to reach me.Not the way you used to.
Not with the sound of your paws running across the floor.
Not with your head resting against my hand.
Not with that happy little greeting that made every bad day disappear.
But in quiet moments.
The ones that feel too perfect to be random.
Like the morning I was thinking about you…
and a rainbow appeared outside my window.
Like the song we always heard together suddenly playing at the exact moment I needed comfort.
Like finding one of your little hairs on my sweater months later…
when I was missing you more than usual.
I just stood there holding it.
Smiling through tears.
And I whispered…
“You sent that, didn’t you?”
Because you always knew.
You always knew when I needed you.
You knew when I was sad before I ever said a word.
You knew when to sit beside me.
When to make me laugh.
When to simply stay close.
Why would that stop now?
Maybe love doesn't disappear when someone leaves.
Maybe it becomes quieter.
Maybe it learns new ways to say,
"I'm still here."
I miss the obvious things.
Your paws.
Your warmth.
Your excited little dances.
The way you looked at me like I was the safest place in the world.
But I’m starting to notice the smaller things now.
The soft breeze through the window.
The sudden peace that arrives during a difficult day.
The feeling of being loved even when I’m alone.
And sometimes…
I wonder if those are your little messages.
A gentle reminder from somewhere beyond what I can see.
A tiny piece of heaven finding its way back to me.
I imagine you now beyond the clouds.
Running through a field where the grass never dries and the sun never fades.
Your body is strong again.
Your eyes are bright.
Your heart is completely free.
Maybe you stop beneath the stars sometimes.
Maybe you look down and see me missing you.
Maybe you send a little sign.
A little comfort.
A little reminder.
That the bond we shared was never limited to one lifetime.
So if a rainbow appears…
If a feather lands nearby…
If a peaceful feeling suddenly fills my heart…
I’ll smile.
I’ll look toward the sky.
And I’ll whisper…
“I know that was you.”
Because some loves are too deep to end.
They simply learn how to speak in different ways.
And I’ll always be listening.
Reacties
Een reactie posten