You don’t realize how much life lives inside a tiny sound

 You don’t realize how much life lives inside a tiny sound...

Until the day the collar stops jingling.
The house still stands exactly as it did before.
The sunlight still spills across the kitchen floor.
The clock still ticks.
The wind still brushes against the windows.
But somehow, everything sounds different now.
Because your little rhythm is gone.
For years, that collar was the soundtrack of my life.
A soft jingle coming down the hallway.
A familiar shake after a nap.
The gentle music that told me you were nearby without even looking.
I never thought much about it then.
It was just part of every ordinary day.
And maybe that's why losing it hurts so much.
Because grief doesn't only take the big moments.
It steals the tiny ones too.
The sounds.
The routines.
The things we thought would last forever.
Sometimes I catch myself listening for you.
Late at night.
In the quiet moments when the world slows down.
For one brief second, my heart swears it hears that familiar little jingle again.
And I turn my head before remembering.
The silence that follows feels endless.
But then I think about you...
Running somewhere beyond my sight.
A place where old bodies are made new.
Where aching legs run freely through endless meadows.
Where the sky glows with colors no human words can describe.
And maybe...
Just maybe...
That collar still sings there.
Maybe every joyful step you take across the Rainbow Bridge creates the same gentle music that once filled my home.
Perhaps the stars hear it now.
Perhaps the clouds carry its echo.
Perhaps Heaven itself knows your name because of that beautiful sound.
So when the silence feels too heavy, I try to remember this:
The collar did not truly go silent.
It simply changed places.
What I once heard with my ears, I hear now with my heart.
And every memory of you still rings softly inside me.
One day, when my own journey is finished, I imagine hearing that familiar jingle again.
Not as a memory.
Not as a dream.
But as your joyful announcement that you've come to find me.
And this time...
I won't have to say goodbye.
Until then, my beautiful friend, keep running beneath the rainbow skies.
Your collar still sings in the chambers of my soul.
And it always will.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster