Some people think love fades when someone is gone
Some people think love fades when someone is gone.
But grief has taught me the opposite.Sometimes the deepest love is the love that has nowhere left to go.
It sits quietly in an empty room.
It waits beside an untouched food bowl.
It lingers in the spaces where paws once wandered and tails once swept across the floor.
And every day, it misses you.
There are moments when your absence feels impossible to understand.
I still reach for you in my thoughts.
I still glance toward your favorite spot before remembering.
I still hear a sound in the house and hope, for the smallest second, that it's you.
The hardest part isn't that you left.
It's that my love for you stayed.
It stayed exactly where it always was.
Full.
Faithful.
Waiting.
Some evenings, when the world becomes quiet, I sit with the memories.
The warmth of your fur beneath my hand.
The way your eyes followed me from room to room.
The sound of your paws crossing the floor when all you wanted was to be near me.
Those moments are gone from my days.
But they are not gone from me.
They live inside my heart now.
A thousand little pieces of you stitched into who I am.
And when the sadness feels especially heavy, I picture you somewhere beyond the clouds.
Healthy again.
Free again.
Running through fields that never end beneath a sky painted with rainbow colors.
I imagine your tail wagging.
Your eyes bright.
Your spirit untouched by pain.
Maybe you still visit when I dream.
Maybe you're the unexpected warmth that finds me on difficult days.
Maybe you're the star that catches my eye when I need comfort most.
Because love like ours doesn't simply disappear.
It changes shape.
It becomes memory.
It becomes hope.
It becomes an invisible thread stretching between this world and the next.
So yes...
You are missing.
Every single day.
In a hundred little ways no one else can see.
But you are also loved.
Still loved when I wake up.
Still loved when I fall asleep.
Still loved through every season, every memory, every tear.
And one day, beyond the Rainbow Bridge, the space between missing and holding you again will finally disappear.
Until then, my sweet friend...
You remain absent from my sight, but never from my heart.
Missing.
But endlessly loved.
Reacties
Een reactie posten