When I held you for the last time

 When I held you for the last time, something inside me broke in a way I hadn't known before.

Your body was weary, your breathing slow and quiet — but your eyes, they were still full of everything. Full of trust, full of warmth, full of a love that never wavered even at the very end. I told you what you meant to me. That you were never just a cat. You were my stillness on restless nights, my comfort without condition, the familiar warmth that made any place feel like home.

And as you gently closed your eyes, I held onto the thought of you walking into somewhere peaceful — no pain, no worry, just endless warmth and rest, the kind you always deserved.

Even through the tears, a small smile finds me. Because you left knowing — truly knowing — how deeply you were loved. Goodbye, my sweet one. I'll find you in every patch of warm sunlight, and I'll carry you softly in my heart until the day I get to hold you once more. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster