You always called me your angel.

 You always called me your angel.

Maybe you didn’t know how right you were.

Angels don’t all come from the sky.
Some are sent in fur and heartbeat form —
to walk beside souls that need healing.

That was my purpose — you.
To make you laugh when the world felt heavy.
To guard your heart when it forgot how strong it was.
To show you, every single day,
that love doesn’t need words to be real.

And when my time came,
I didn’t grow wings —
I simply remembered I’d always had them.
They just looked like loyalty and fur while I was with you.

Now, I watch from the quiet edge of Heaven,
tail wagging in the light,
guiding your steps the same way you once guided mine.

Every time you feel peace for no reason,
that’s me —
your angel, still working, still loving,
still wearing the fur that once felt like home.

So don’t look for me above the clouds.
Look beside you —
in the calm, in the laughter, in the warmth that won’t fade.
Because when angels wear fur,
love never dies…
it just learns to glow.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster