At the End of the Bridge

 At the End of the Bridge ~~

I walked through so many quiet days, carrying you in every one of them. The world kept moving. I kept missing you. I'd say your name into the stillness just to feel it — just to keep you close.

Every night when I closed my eyes, I found you somewhere peaceful and bright, crossing a bridge where nothing hurt anymore, where you were free and full of life again. People called it a story. I called it hope.

And then one day, the waiting ended. There you were — standing tall, eyes clear, no longer tired, no longer in pain. You saw me and came running, the same way you always did, like I was the best thing in your whole world.

I held you and you were exactly as I remembered. Same warmth. Same joy. Same love. Like no time had passed at all.

And together we walked on, paw in hand, heart beside heart, whole again. Home again. 

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Open brief aan mijn oudste dochter...

Kraai

Vraag me niet hoe ik altijd lach

Gone with the Wind (1939)

Ekster