Where nothing hurts anymore
Where nothing hurts anymore.
I think about that place often.Especially on the days when I miss you the most.
The days when a memory catches me off guard.
The days when I would give anything to feel your fur beneath my hand one more time.
The days when my heart still whispers,
"Come back."
And whenever those days arrive, I find myself imagining where you are now.
Not the room where we said goodbye.
Not the final chapter that still brings tears to my eyes.
But the chapter that came after.
The one I couldn't see.
The one I have to trust exists.
Because love like yours deserves more than an ending.
I imagine a place beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
A place untouched by pain.
A place where tired bodies become strong again.
Where stiff legs run without effort.
Where cloudy eyes sparkle with light.
Where every ache simply disappears into the wind.
A place where no one is afraid.
No one is lonely.
No one is left behind.
A place where nothing hurts anymore.
Sometimes I picture you there.
Running through endless fields of wildflowers.
The grass brushing against your legs as you race beneath a sky painted with gold and soft rainbow colors.
Your ears bouncing.
Your tail wagging.
Your eyes shining with the same joy that used to greet me at the door.
Only now, there's no slowing down.
No tiredness.
No struggle.
No pain.
Just freedom.
Pure, beautiful freedom.
And somehow, that image comforts me.
Because when I think of your final days, my heart still aches.
I remember wanting to take away every discomfort.
Every difficult breath.
Every hard moment.
I remember wishing I could carry it all for you.
If love could have healed you, it would have.
Without question.
But sometimes love cannot stop the goodbye.
It can only walk beside us through it.
And maybe that's why I hold onto this vision so tightly.
Because it reminds me that the pain wasn't the whole story.
It was only the last page of one chapter.
Not the beginning of the next.
The next chapter belongs to sunlight.
To meadows.
To endless games of fetch.
To streams that sparkle beneath heavenly skies.
To naps in warm grass.
To days that never end too soon.
To a place where every beloved dog is whole again.
I like to believe that when you arrived there, the first thing you felt was relief.
The second thing was joy.
And the third thing was love.
The same love that connected us here.
The same love that still connects us now.
Because even though I can't see you, I feel you.
In memories.
In dreams.
In unexpected moments when my heart suddenly feels lighter.
And maybe those moments are reminders.
Little glimpses of where you are.
Little whispers from a world beyond this one.
A world where suffering has no home.
A world where tears are replaced by sunshine.
A world where every chase ends happily.
A world where every goodbye becomes a reunion.
A world where nothing hurts anymore.
So tonight, if grief feels heavy...
Close your eyes.
Picture them running.
Picture them smiling.
Picture them free.
And remember this:
The love that carried them through life is carrying them still.
Only now...
It's carrying them somewhere beautiful.
Forever loved.
Forever free.
Forever where nothing hurts anymore.
Reacties
Een reactie posten