There’s a place that feels like love
There’s a place that feels like love.
I can’t point to it on a map.I can’t drive there.
I can’t touch it with my hands.
But somehow...
I find myself there every time I think of you.
It starts with a memory.
A small one.
The sound of your paws hurrying toward me when I walked through the door.
The way your tail would wag so hard that your whole body seemed to smile.
The warmth of your fur beneath my fingertips on quiet evenings.
The look in your eyes that always seemed to say,
"There you are. I've been waiting for you."
And suddenly, I'm there again.
That place.
The one built from every moment we shared.
The one grief could never take away.
When you first left, I thought love had become a place I could no longer reach.
The house felt unfamiliar.
The rooms felt larger.
The silence felt heavier.
Your bowl sat untouched.
Your leash hung by the door.
Your favorite toy stayed exactly where you left it.
Everything reminded me that you were gone.
And for a while, all I could feel was the emptiness.
But slowly...
Something changed.
The memories stopped feeling like open wounds.
They became doorways.
Doorways back to you.
Back to the love.
Back to the countless ordinary moments that made up our life together.
Now when I miss you, I close my eyes.
And I remember.
I remember lazy afternoons when you rested your head on my lap.
I remember early mornings when your excitement made every day feel like an adventure.
I remember the comfort of knowing I was never truly alone.
You were there through heartbreak.
Through celebrations.
Through ordinary Tuesdays that no one else would remember.
You made every chapter brighter simply by being in it.
And that's when I realize something.
Love doesn't disappear when someone leaves.
It becomes a place.
A sacred place inside us where the bond remains untouched by time.
A place where your bark still echoes.
Where your tail still wags.
Where your eyes still meet mine.
Where goodbye has no power.
Sometimes I imagine that same place exists beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
A beautiful meadow bathed in golden light.
Wildflowers swaying in a gentle breeze.
Endless skies painted with soft colors.
A place where every beloved dog runs free.
A place where pain no longer exists.
A place where love is the only language spoken.
And whenever I think of you there, my heart feels lighter.
Not because I stop missing you.
But because I remember that love is stronger than absence.
Stronger than distance.
Stronger even than death.
So when the world feels lonely...
When the silence feels too loud...
When I find myself reaching for you again...
I return to that place.
The place built from every walk.
Every cuddle.
Every happy bark.
Every moment of unconditional love.
And there, somehow, I find you.
Not lost.
Not gone.
Just waiting in a place that still feels like home.
A place that still feels like love.
Forever loved.
Forever remembered.
Forever waiting in my heart.
Reacties
Een reactie posten