Love didn’t let me fall
Love didn’t let me fall.
There were days when it should have.Days when the grief felt so heavy that even getting out of bed seemed impossible.
Days when the silence inside this house felt louder than any sound I had ever heard.
Days when I looked at your empty bed and wondered how something so small could leave such a giant space behind.
I remember walking into rooms and forgetting, just for a moment.
For one beautiful, heartbreaking second, I would think you were still here.
Then reality would catch up.
And the ache would return all over again.
I would see the leash hanging by the door.
The toy you loved more than anything.
The corner where your bowl used to sit.
And suddenly, I wasn't just missing a dog.
I was missing a routine.
A comfort.
A best friend.
A piece of my heart.
People often talk about moving on.
But they don't talk enough about surviving.
About the days when all you can do is make it through the next hour.
The days when your eyes fill with tears because you heard a bark that sounded like yours.
The days when a memory arrives uninvited and steals your breath away.
I had many of those days.
More than I can count.
And yet...
Somehow, I never completely fell apart.
Not because I was strong.
Not because I handled grief perfectly.
But because every time I felt myself sinking, your love caught me.
It showed up in unexpected ways.
In the memory of your excitement whenever I walked through the door.
In the way you always knew when I was hurting and quietly stayed beside me.
In the countless moments when your presence made life softer, safer, and brighter.
You spent your whole life teaching me what unconditional love looked like.
And even after you left, that lesson remained.
There were mornings when I stood in the kitchen crying.
Then I remembered the way you'd sit patiently waiting for breakfast.
And somehow, I smiled.
There were nights when loneliness felt overwhelming.
Then a favorite memory would appear.
The way you chased leaves.
The way you stretched out in a patch of sunlight.
The way you looked at me as if I was your entire world.
And suddenly, I felt less alone.
That's when I realized something.
Love doesn't stop helping us just because someone is gone.
Real love keeps showing up.
It becomes strength when we're weak.
Comfort when we're hurting.
Hope when we're struggling to find it.
I imagine you now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless meadows brushed with golden sunlight.
Your body is light.
Your spirit is free.
Your eyes shining with the same love that carried me through so many difficult days.
I imagine you watching over me.
Still cheering me on.
Still wanting me to smile.
Still wanting me to keep going.
And maybe that's exactly what you've been doing all along.
Because every time I thought I might break...
Every time the grief felt too big...
Every time I felt myself slipping...
Something gentle lifted me.
Something familiar.
Something that felt like you.
Maybe it was a memory.
Maybe it was a sign.
Maybe it was simply love refusing to let go.
Whatever it was, it kept me standing.
It kept me breathing.
It kept me moving forward.
And now I understand.
The reason I survived losing you wasn't because the pain disappeared.
It was because your love stayed.
Strong enough to catch me.
Strong enough to carry me.
Strong enough to keep me from falling.
Love didn't let me fall.
And somehow...
It still doesn't.
Forever loved.
Forever carried.
Forever held by the love you left behind.
Reacties
Een reactie posten