You held my whole heart
You held my whole heart.
Not part of it.Not the easy pieces.
Not only the happy moments.
All of it.
The broken parts.
The tired parts.
The pieces I never showed anyone else.
And somehow...
you carried them without ever asking for anything in return.
Before you came into my life, I never understood how deeply a dog could love.
I thought I was bringing home a pet.
A companion.
A furry friend.
But what I received was something much greater.
I received loyalty that never wavered.
Comfort that never judged.
A love that never kept score.
You were there through ordinary days that now feel extraordinary because you were in them.
The mornings when the world felt heavy.
The evenings when I sat quietly with my thoughts.
The moments when I smiled.
The moments when I cried.
You were there for all of it.
Sometimes I think about how many times you rested your head on my lap.
As if your only job in the world was to remind me I wasn't alone.
You never needed words.
You never needed explanations.
You somehow knew exactly when my heart needed you most.
And now...
the place where you used to sleep is empty.
The sound of your paws no longer echoes through the hallway.
The familiar routines we shared have become memories.
Yet somehow, you are still everywhere.
In the sunlight that spills across the floor.
In the old photographs that make me smile and cry at the same time.
In the quiet moments when I suddenly remember something you used to do.
A funny habit.
A silly expression.
A look that could melt away any bad day.
Grief is strange.
It hurts because love was real.
Because what we shared mattered.
Because a soul that became part of your heart never truly leaves without taking a piece of it along.
But maybe that's okay.
Maybe hearts were never meant to stay whole after a love this beautiful.
Maybe they're meant to carry the pawprints of those who changed them forever.
I imagine you now in a place beyond pain.
Beyond aging.
Beyond goodbye.
Running through endless meadows beneath glowing skies.
Your eyes bright.
Your body strong.
Your spirit free.
And I hope you know this.
Even though you're no longer beside me...
you still hold my heart.
You always will.
Until the day I see you again and feel your head against my hand one more time.
Until the day distance disappears and love brings us home to each other.
Because some bonds are stronger than time.
Stronger than loss.
Stronger than death itself.
And ours is one of them.
Forever my heart.
Forever my dog.
Forever my love.
Reacties
Een reactie posten