They felt safe with you always
They felt safe with you always.
Maybe that's the part that hurts the most.Not just that they're gone.
But knowing there will never be another soul who looked at you quite the same way.
Your dog didn't care about your job.
Your mistakes.
Your bad days.
Your unfinished goals.
They didn't need you to be perfect.
They only needed you.
And somehow, that was enough.
I think about all the times my dog fell asleep beside me.
Not watching the room.
Not worried about tomorrow.
Not afraid of anything.
Just sleeping peacefully because I was there.
Because they trusted me.
Because they felt safe.
There is something sacred about being loved that completely.
To be someone's home.
Someone's comfort.
Someone's entire world.
Sometimes I look back and realize they spent their whole lives believing I could protect them from everything.
Thunderstorms.
Strangers.
Dark nights.
The scary sounds outside.
Whenever they got frightened, they came closer.
Whenever life felt uncertain, they looked for me.
And every single time their eyes found mine...
they relaxed.
As if simply knowing I was nearby made everything okay.
Now the house is quieter.
The leash hangs untouched.
The food bowl is gone.
The favorite bed sits empty.
But the love remains.
It lingers in every room.
Every photograph.
Every memory.
Every place where a tail once wagged.
And sometimes when grief feels heavy, I remind myself of something important.
My dog left this world knowing they were loved.
Knowing they belonged.
Knowing they were safe.
What a beautiful gift that is.
Not every heart gets to experience that kind of security.
Not every soul gets to spend a lifetime wrapped in unconditional love.
But my dog did.
And for that, I will always be grateful.
I imagine them now beyond the Rainbow Bridge.
Running through endless fields beneath skies painted with gold and soft colors.
Free from pain.
Free from fear.
And maybe, just maybe, when they think of me, they still feel that same comfort.
That same safety.
That same love.
Because love like ours doesn't end.
It stretches beyond distance.
Beyond time.
Beyond goodbye.
My sweet friend, if you can still hear me...
I hope you know something.
Just as you always felt safe with me...
I always felt safe with you too.
Reacties
Een reactie posten