At the End of the Bridge
At the End of the Bridge,
I walked through so many quiet days carrying you with me — in whispered names, in half-remembered mornings, in the way certain light still made me think of you. The world kept moving. I kept looking back.Every night I'd close my eyes and find you somewhere bright and free, waiting at the far end of a bridge that glowed with every color. People called it a story. I called it a promise.
And then, the way only dreams can — it became real. You were standing there, strong and whole, nothing weighing you down anymore. Your eyes found mine before I even called your name. You didn't wait. You never did.
You came running — the same way you always did — like no time had passed at all. Like you'd simply been keeping the spot warm. I held you close and you were exactly as I remembered. Warm. Real. Yours.
And we walked that bridge together, side by side, no goodbyes left between us. Just you and me, whole again, in the place where love never had to end.
Reacties
Een reactie posten